Monday, August 15, 2011

Saint Anselm College or the University of New Hampshire?

I understand the trouble you are having. I am a senior in high school and was admitted to Saint Anselm and Holy Cross. Subsequently, I was torn between my two top-choice schools. Many people would say Holy Cross was the obvious choice, but I really had to consider exactly what I was looking for in a college. Yes, Holy Cross has an excellent academic reputation and a beautiful campus among other things, but I really had to ask myself... would I do well here? Is my desired major the priority at Holy Cross? The answer was obvious; no. I chose Saint Anselm because I wish to pursue political science and I knew I would do well there. The politics program offered through the New Hampshire Institute of Politics is bar-none, and among the best in the country, and the college itself is gaining an incredible amount of popularity in nearly every aspect of the college. These gains include athletics, which may be moving to division 1 due to successes in sports such as hockey and the recent construction of new athletic facilities, Endowment, which is increasing every year, and Public acknowledgement due to the increasing admissions competitiveness and graduate success rates distinguished by Forbes. This is how i determined that Saint Anselm is the college for me. I recommend you look into what UNH has to offer and if UNH really is the school for you. Do not limit your school search to just Saint Anselm. I recommend you stay at UNH for the first semester or year to determine whether or not UNH is the school for you. Also keep in mind that transferring is always an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment